Asia’ top IT users recognized in ZDNet Asia’s Smart50 awards
ZDNet Asia, a publication of CNET Networks Asia Pacific, has announced its ZDNet Asia Smart50 2006 award winners, selected by an independent panel of judges, which included Anurag Khanna, MD & CEO of Banknet India.
These companies and government agencies are recognized for using IT to drive business efficiency, expansion and innovation. The Smart50 companies were evenly spread across industries known as big IT spenders, such as government and financial services, and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in sectors not traditionally known to be early, or big, adopters of IT.
50 organizations from 14 verticals and 9 Asian countries have been named in ZDNet Asia's Smart50 Awards.
ZDNet Asia also handed out special awards in 6 categories:
1. Public Sector Technology Project of the Year – Tie between The Royal Malaysian Customs (Malaysia) and National Healthcare Group (Singapore).
2. Financial Services Technology Project of the Year – Great Eastern Holdings (Singapore).
3. Project of the Year (open category) – MTR Corporation (Hong Kong)
4. CIO of the Year: MTR Corporation; Daniel Lai (Hong Kong)
5. Communications Project of the Year – Neptune Orient Lines (Singapore)
6. SMB of the Year – FarEastFlora.com (Singapore)
For more details, please visit- www.zdnetasia.com