Third Quarter Review of Annual Statement on Monetary Policy for 2006-07
III. Monetary Measures
(a) Bank Rate
92. The Bank Rate has been kept unchanged at 6.0 per cent.
(b) Reverse Repo Rate/Repo Rate
93. It is considered desirable to keep the reverse repo rate under the LAF unchanged at 6.0 per cent.
94. In view of the current macroeconomic and overall monetary conditions, it has been decided to increase the fixed repo rate under the LAF by 25 basis points from 7.25 per cent to 7.50 per cent with immediate effect.
95. The Reserve Bank retains the option to conduct overnight repo or longer term repo under the LAF depending on market conditions and other relevant factors. The Reserve Bank will continue to use this flexibility including the right to accept or reject tender(s) under the LAF, wholly or partially, if deemed fit, so as to make efficient use of the LAF in daily liquidity management.
(c) Cash Reserve Ratio
96. The cash reserve ratio (CRR) of scheduled banks is currently at 5.5 per cent. On a review of the current liquidity situation, it is felt desirable to keep the present level of CRR at 5.5 per cent unchanged.