Installation of Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) at Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs)
Reserve Bank of India has permitted well-managed scheduled and non-scheduled Urban Co-operative Banks
UCBs to set up select off-site/ on-site ATMs,
2. The eligibility norms for setting up of ATMs by UCBs as per RBI notification dated 28th pril 2006, will be as under:
i). Minimum deposits of Rs. 100 crore,
ii). Compliance with the prescribed CRAR,
iii). Net NPA less than 10%,
iv) Consistent record of profitability and compliance with CRR/SLR
3. Accordingly, UCBs satisfying the above eligibility norms may apply to the Regional Office concerned in the format annexed for prior approval for installing on-site and/or off-site ATMs. UCBs registered under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act may apply to the Regional Office of the Reserve Bank, under the jurisdiction of which the Registered/Head Office of the bank is situated, for consideration.
4. Scheduled UCBs, other than those classified as Grade II to IV, do not require prior approval of the Reserve Bank for setting up on-site ATMs.
5. The off-site ATMs, where approved by the Reserve Bank, would be installed only within the area of operation of the UCBs and shifting and relocation, if any, would require prior approval.
6. Scheduled and non-scheduled UCBs permitted to have ATMs, both under automatic and approval route, may also issue ATM-cum-Debit Cards.
7. At present, the ATMs/BTMs installed at the branch/ extension counters are not to be shared/ interlinked with other banks, without prior approval from the Reserve Bank. It has now been decided to dispense with the requirement of prior RBI approval for network connectivity and/or sharing of the ATMs installed by UCBs and to permit the banks to decide on their own.
More RBI notifications- Read Here