Indian Budget 2010-11- Full Text- February 26, 2010
185. Copies of notifications giving effect to the changes in customs, central excise and service tax will be laid on the Table of the House in due course.
186. My proposals on Direct Taxes are estimated to result in a revenue loss of Rs.26,000 crore for the year. Proposals relating to Indirect Taxes are estimated to result in a net revenue gain of Rs.46,500 crore for the year. Taking into account the concessions being given in my tax proposals and measures taken to mobilise additional resources, the net revenue gain is estimated to be Rs.20,500 crore for the year.
187. We have emerged from the global slowdown faster than any other nation. I did not hesitate in exercising my judgement on the course of action last year and I have no hesitation in my mind now. Our actions today will determine our tomorrow.
188. This Budget belongs to 'Aam Aadmi'. It belongs to the farmer, the agriculturist, the entrepreneur and the investor. The opportunity is great. The time is right. I have placed my faith in the hands of the people who, I know, can be depended upon to rise to any occasion in national interest. I have placed my faith in the collective conscience of the nation that can be touched to scale undreamt of heights in the coming years.
189. Madam Speaker, with these words I commend the Budget to the House.
DIRECT TAX Click here
INDIRECT TAX Click here
For Indian Budget 2010-11 Highlights... Click here